Halfway through the week!
Has the cold, rainy weather made you want to stay in bed and not go to the gym?
Here’s a pyramid workout that you can do which will be around 30 minutes with a warm up.
After a 5 minute warm up (walk on treadmill, do dynamic exercises, etc.), grab a pair of dumbbells (5 or 8 lbs.) and find a timer.
We will do two sets; 3 exercises in each set.
- High Knees
- Lunge + Bicep Curl
- Russian Twist
- Squat + Overhead Press
- Toe Touch Crunch
For each exercise, you will do a round of 15 sec work/15 sec rest; 30 seconds work/15 seconds rest/45 seconds work/15 seconds rest then come back down – 30 seconds work/15 seconds rest and 15 seconds work/15 seconds rest. Give yourself 30-6o seconds rest between exercises and at least a minute between sets.
Have fun; work hard! And now……
Christmas Wish List!
So, I was thinking if I was making a list to Santa, what would I write??
Here are a few items I’d put on my list (and maybe it will help you buy for the runner in your life!):
Left to Right:
- Medal Hanger – you need somewhere to put all that bling!
- Garmin 235 – when I purchased my first watch, I just went with the basics; now I’d like to upgrade a bit.
- My favorite socks – Injinji! I would love a winter pair…and always need more socks.
- Since I do most of my runs in the dark, I’d love to get a reflective vest.
Clockwise from top left:
- For the ladies – fun running leggings – mine are pretty boring; but love some patterns and bright colors!
- Born to Run is an excellent read and perfect gift for any runner (or non-runner!).
- Gift Certificate – how about a gift certificate for a sports massage? Or, create your own to pay for an entry fee to a race (most races range from $25-100+).
- Armband – I do run w/friends often, but the times I don’t, I love listening to my custom playlist. This Fitletic armband is waterproof and has a pocket.
- Body Glide – essential for any runner!
- Nuun sports drink
- Honey Stinger fuel
- Head Sweats hairbands or hats
What’s on your Christmas Wish List?
Until next time,